Midnight Moves: Sci-Fi Double Feature
US: Uncut and MPAA Unrated/PG for:
- US 2012 Blue Underground R0 DVD at US Amazon released today on 28th August 2012
Censorship History of the Video Nasty Contamination
UK: A short version was released after a further 2:40s of unofficial BBFC cuts for:
- UK 1982 ViP VHS
- UK 1985 European Creative Films VHS
The video was banned as a video nasty in October 1983. It was dropped from the list in January 1985 though.
About 2 minutes and 40 seconds of cuts were made, including:
- 13 seconds cut from opening sequence showing a dead man’s mutilated and decomposing body in a cupboard.
- 73 seconds cut from opening sequence showing several men graphically exploding after tampering with alien pods. Footage includes facial explosions and several scientists exploding at the gut in lingering slow-motion.
- 19 seconds cut from warehouse sequence showing criminals exploding at the gut after unwisely standing amongst alien pods.
- 2 seconds cut from warehouse sequence in which remains of freshly-exploded men are shown.
- 9 seconds cut from climax, in which man’s head is devoured by queen alien.
- 11 seconds cut from climax showing a scientist exploding at the gut after being shot by Ian McCulloch.
- 33 seconds cut from climax showing chief villain’s chest exploding in slow-motion viscera-launch spectacle.
UK: Passed 15 uncut for:
CONTAMINATION: A deserted ship arrives in New York City carrying its slaughtered crew and a horrific cargo: Mutant green eggs the size of footballs that pulsate with life until they spray hideous chest-bursting death. But when a government research team begins an investigation, they uncover a grisly conspiracy of murder, space monsters and coffee. Who is harvesting these alien hell-spores? What is their connection to a doomed mission to Mars? And most important of all, how many actors will die screaming in massive explosions of blood, guts and gore?
SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME: The time is the tomorrow after tomorrow and mankind has now populated the Moon where vast domed cities have been built on what was once a wasteland. But when the power-mad Emperor Omus (Oscar winner Jack Palance of CITY SLICKERS) attacks the lunar colony of New Washington, a team of scientists led by Dr. John Caball (Barry Morse of SPACE: 1999) launches a dangerous mission to destroy the dictator and his robot army. Can three daring space jockeys and one renegade robot save their universe from the dark forces of intergalactic evil?
- Alien Arrives on Earth – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Luigi Cozzi
- Luigi Cozzi on the Creation of CONTAMINATION – Behind-the-Scenes Documentary
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Graphic Novel (DVD-ROM)
SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME Extras:
- French Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Poster & Still Gallery