The Mutilator is a 1985 USA horror by Buddy Cooper.
Starring Matt Mitler, Ruth Martinez and Bill Hitchcock. UK: Passed 18 uncut for strong bloody violence, gore after previous BBFC cuts waived for:
- 2015 Arrow Video R0 Bl-ray/R0 DVD Combo at UK Amazon released on 15th February 2016
There is also a US release.
Cut by the BBFC for 1993 VHS. Less cut for DVD. In the US the R rated version is cut.The distributors have said that this restoration will be uncut.
Although the slasher film was in decline by the mid-1980s, there were still some grisly delights to be had… and they don t come much grislier than writer-director Buddy Cooper s sickening stalk-and-slash classic The Mutilator!
When Ed receives a message from his father asking him to go and lock up the family s beach condo for the winter, it seems like the perfect excuse for an alcohol-fuelled few days away with his friends. After all, his dad has forgiven him for accidentally blowing mom away with a shotgun several years ago… hasn t he? But no sooner are the teens on the island than they find themselves stalked by a figure with an axe (and a hook, and an onboard motor) to grind…Originally entitled Fall Break (watch out for the incongruous theme song of the same name!), The Mutilator has earned a reputation amongst horror fans as one of the holy grails of 80s splatter mayhem due to its highly inventive (and not to say, decidedly gruesome) kill sequences, courtesy of FX wizard Mark Shostrom (Videodrome, Evil Dead II). Finally making its long-awaited bow in High-Definition, The Mutilator has returned to terrorise a whole new generation of horror fans!
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- Brand new 2K restoration from original vault materials of the R-rated and
- Unrated versions of the film
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new interviews with cast and crew
- The Mutilator locations visit
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork to be revealed
- Fully-illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film alongside archive articles from Fangoria magazine
- PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!