Computer games censors from USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle) have banned Criminal Girls 2: The Party’s Over, a 2016 Japan RPG adventure game. The USK is self regulating trade group rather than an official state censor.
siliconera.com also reports that the game wont be distributed in Australia but there is no indication that this is due to the official state censors, Australian Classification Board.Criminal Girls 2 has previously been in the media spotlight as the content has been censored for western releases when compared with the original Japanese release. NIS America explained the changes made prior to submission to the US Entertainment Software Ratings Board,.
- Some artwork, especially during the motivation scenes, were altered over their explicit nature. It seems NIS America worried the ESRB would take issue with women tied up against the their will.
- Swapping the term punishment for motivation. In the Japanese version of the game, the motivation scenes are actually punishment.
- There won’t be any English voice overs. All of the text will be displayed in English, but the voice tracks are staying Japanese.
- All dialogue has been removed from the motivation scenes.
- The stated ages of some the girls have been changed
The games is et for UK release on 23rd September 2016